Re: [HACKERS] vacuum analyze

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] vacuum analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Simms <grim@argh.demon.co.uk> writes:
> But after 4 days of frustration, I just want to be sure - nobody else
> has found the problem and solved it have they? I just dont want to
> waste my time on this if someone else has found the cause...

Let's see ... I know that removing pg_vlock while vacuum is running
will lead to a coredump after vacuum finishes (it doesn't recover
cleanly after its attempt to unlink pg_vlock fails).  I think I know
how to fix that but it's not done yet.  The same problem could affect
any error that is detected between vacuum's internal transactions.
Do you get any error reports in the postmaster log when there is a
crash?

Beyond that, I don't recall having heard of any recent fixes that affect
vacuum.

If you can create a reproducible example then more people could poke
at it, so that seems like the avenue to focus on.