Re: [HACKERS] main tree is (slightly) damaged

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] main tree is (slightly) damaged
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] main tree is (slightly) damaged  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I've got trouble in a *clean* checkout of this morning's current tree.
> > Something in the system tables is not quite consistant:
> > postgres=> \d
> > ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
> Yipes.  Perhaps there is some platform-dependency in the md.c changes
> I committed a couple days ago.  I am not seeing any such problems,
> but that doesn't prove a lot.  How far back was the last version
> that worked on your system?
> > Do any other platforms run the tests without trouble?
> HPUX 9 here.  This is a big-endian box; maybe a byte ordering issue?

postgres=> select * from pg_tables;
ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0

I still see a problem. Did a "make clean install; initdb", as well as
a clean checkout of the current source tree from cvsup.

Is anyone else running regression tests besides the Toms? Can someone
report success on a linux box? Don't know where the problems are
coming from...

I'm sure I ran the regression tests around the v6.5.1 release date,
but haven't been doing code development since then (working on docs
instead) so haven't been testing...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California