Re: [HACKERS] main tree is (slightly) damaged

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] main tree is (slightly) damaged
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've got trouble in a *clean* checkout of this morning's current tree.
> Something in the system tables is not quite consistant:
> postgres=> \d
> ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0

Yipes.  Perhaps there is some platform-dependency in the md.c changes
I committed a couple days ago.  I am not seeing any such problems,
but that doesn't prove a lot.  How far back was the last version
that worked on your system?

> Formatting for rows has changed in psql? Or something with plpgsql has
> changed the contents? I haven't tried tracking this down.
> 976c976
> < slotname            |roomno  |slotlink            |backlink
> ---
> > slotname            |  roomno|            slotlink|backlink

I made some changes in fe-print.c's code that decides whether a column
contains numeric data (and hence should be right justified), but it
didn't break the regress tests for me...

> Do any other platforms run the tests without trouble?

HPUX 9 here.  This is a big-endian box; maybe a byte ordering issue?