Re: Pronunciation of "PostgreSQL" (was: Re: [HACKERS] New man pages)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Pronunciation of "PostgreSQL" (was: Re: [HACKERS] New man pages)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> And how do you say Linux, Thomas?  I have a friend in Regina, Saskatchewan
> (that's ra-Jine-ah, not ra-geen-ah) who says LINE-ex...I wince every time
> I hear it.  In fact, sometimes, if I'm less than fully caffeinated it
> doesn't even register that he's made a reference to Linn-Ucks...
> (Usually I truncate it to Lin-icks or simply:  Slackware ;-)

*rolf* Actually, that's a problem! When I first started with
linn-ucks, the person who got me going pronounced it line-ex. And
later, when I asked, she said that she intentionally mispronounced it
so she could trace the lineage of the person; that is, so she could
tell if they had learned about it from someone that she knew. Pretty
dastardly... ;)

But I try to pronounce it in Finnish rather than Texan nowadays...
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California