Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > All information
> > from those man pages appears somewhere else in the new docs; usually
> > in the reference pages but sometimes in a more suitable place.
> Great.  Good job.

Thanks. So, at the moment we have man pages for section one (1) and
section ell (l). Is this the right section numbering for the future?
How did we choose the "ell"? Should we consider having some utilities
like initdb documented in, say, section eight (8)? How about having
sections like one-sql (1sql) or something similar?

It's easy to move things around, and I'm wondering if the current
scheme works for people. I don't have a strong opinion on this...
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California