Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > All information
> > > from those man pages appears somewhere else in the new docs; usually
> > > in the reference pages but sometimes in a more suitable place.
> > Great.  Good job.
>
> Thanks. So, at the moment we have man pages for section one (1) and
> section ell (l). Is this the right section numbering for the future?
> How did we choose the "ell"? Should we consider having some utilities

It is very confusing.  I think they chose 'l' for language.  Does
someone want to suggest a better section number.  Maybe just put them
all in 1.

> like initdb documented in, say, section eight (8)? How about having
> sections like one-sql (1sql) or something similar?

Oh, I get it.  Can everyone handle multi-character man sections?

> It's easy to move things around, and I'm wondering if the current
> scheme works for people. I don't have a strong opinion on this...

I would like to use existing sections, rather than do our own.  I found
I had to modify the man page search to look in a manl, and others may
have the same problem.

Pennsylvania19026