Re: Pronunciation of "PostgreSQL" (was: Re: [HACKERS] New man pages)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Pronunciation of "PostgreSQL" (was: Re: [HACKERS] New man pages)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > I have chosen to use "Postgres" within the docs, as a shorter (and
> > > pronouncable ;) form of our product. "PostgreSQL" appears in all
> > How hard is it to say "Postgresquel", really?  Don't tell me you've been
> > saying "Postgres cue ell".....;-)

I'll bet that even the coiners of the term have some differences in
their pronunciation. For the record, I use "Postgres" usually, and
"Postgres-cue-ell" when forced...
                   - Thomas

Since we cap the "S", however you pronounce "SQL" should probably be
how you do the end of "PostgreSQL". Lamar, are you a "ess-quel"
person? That may be a regional dialect. Don't even get me started on
that: it took me years to get over my strong inclination to use
"hacker" to refer to a bad, clueless programmer...

South Pasadena, California