Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> > Now that I think of it, you can't send out patches for 6.5.1 because
> > we don't have the alpha stuff in there that was put in after 6.5.1.
> > I think the current snapshot may be safe for general use.
>         That is what I figured out when the diff between 6.5.1 and
> Friday's snapshot came out at about 3.5MB. The time required to backport
> the linux/alpha patches to 6.5.1 would be better spent else where.
>         As for distribution packages, we want to get pgsql packages for
> alpha with these patches out there so people can pound on them before we
> roll the patches into the cvs tree for a formal release. That way,
> anything still lingering would be found soon, rather than later. Of
> course, we would want the packages to say clearly that they are beta or
> preliminary version only, and so don't use for mission critical operations
> until one has tested it out.

I'm disappointed that we won't have a set of patches for v6.5.1. Is
there any possibility of putting these patches into our REL6_5_PATCHES
branch to prepare for a v6.5.2 release? What in the current set of
patches would make this difficult? I believe that Tom Lane has been
pretty good about committing to that branch, and I don't know what
else might be missing.

I'm willing to try patching that branch if others could help with
testing (don't have an Alpha myself).

I've been trying to get things together so we can have a viable RPM
distribution of Postgres for Alphas. RedHat is interested, and I think
that it would help the Postgres cause. Does anyone else have this
specific interest, or should we just have them wait another 4 months??

Comments or suggestions?

                      - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha