Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

От Uncle George
Тема Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Thanks,
    But as I said before, with the same src, & tests, same collating
seq, same lang, same 'c' compiler , and same ..........., u'd  expect to
get the same results. If u don't, as i have found out, there is an
inconsistency in the PORT, libraries, etc ( whatever ) .
    I can go to upgrade to RH6.0/i386( mine is RH5.2 )  and see if is
the same as the RH6.0/alpha, but I really suspect it will (still ) be
different ( as the RH5.2/i386 matches expected/rules.out ).

    Therefor to resolve this inconsistency, I would like to know where
the output get ( or gets not ) sorted properly. Any suggestions ?

    Linux, et al, is suppose to be consistent on all platforms, and a
lot of people try very hard to get each linux port in-line with all
other ports.  I dont percieve postgresql as being any different on any
other linux/( intel/alpha/ppc/sparc/mips ) machine. So I have said, so
shall it be done. ( :-) )
gat