Re: Find out whether a view's column is indexed?

От Martin Schäfer
Тема Re: Find out whether a view's column is indexed?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I think the information_schema.view_column_usage doesn't tell me which view column is based on which table column, it
onlysays generally which set of table/view columns are used for the view as a whole.

I need a bit more detailed information. If I have two views defined as this:

CREATE VIEW v1 AS SELECT a,b,c FROM t;
CREATE VIEW v2 AS SELECT b AS a,a AS b,c FROM t;

then their entries in view_column_usage is identical, but it is entirely possible that e.g. v1.a is indexed, but v2.a
isnot indexed.

I can do

EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM v2 WHERE a = 'foo';

and I can see whether a sequential scan or an index scan is performed, but parsing the output of EXPLAIN
programmaticallyis nearly impossible. Anyway the words 'Index Scan' and 'Seq Scan' can change without notice, maybe
evenfrom one locale to another.

Martin

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: