Re: Find out whether a view's column is indexed?

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Find out whether a view's column is indexed?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> and I can see whether a sequential scan or an index scan is
> performed, but parsing the output of EXPLAIN programmatically
> is nearly impossible. Anyway the words 'Index Scan' and 'Seq
> Scan' can change without notice, maybe even from one locale to
> another.
I think you are operating under the faulty assumption that
'Index Scan' in EXPLAIN output signifies that a column is
*indexed*. What it really tells you is whether an index is
actually *used* when getting data from a column. That of
course requires an index to be there. However, an index being
there doesn't guarantee it being used.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Schema + User-Defined Data Type Indexing problems...
От: Chris Gamache
Сообщение: Re: Schema + User-Defined Data Type Indexing problems...