Re: [HACKERS] Re: Postgresql 6.5-1 rpms on RedHat 6.0

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Postgresql 6.5-1 rpms on RedHat 6.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael J Schout wrote:
> > > RedHat 6.  HOWEVER, I attempted an rpm --rebuild on the SRPM, and it did
> > > not rebuild.  I'll get more detailed error messages for you later --
>
> <snip>
>
> > OK. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I usually do an
> > "install" of the source rpm, and then build from there. Something like
> I also did this same procedure.

The --rebuild syntax does an rpm -i of the SRPM before invoking a -ba
over the spec file loaded into SPECS by the rpm -i.  It then cleans up
after itself.  And, I DID try an rpm -i postgresql-6.5-1.src.rpm ; cd
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS ; rpm -ba postgresql.spec, with the same error as
with the --rebuild.

> I got this exact same error on redhat 6.0.  At first glance it looks like
> and RPM bug.  Has anyone gotten this rpm to build on a redhat 6.0 system?
> I'd be greatly interested in hearing if anyone has gotten this to work.

I'm going to attempt it tonight with the newest rpm, 3.0.2, hot off the
presses.  Will advise the list in the morning as to results.  AFAIK, the
syntax used by Thomas here (in %prep) is, according to documentation,
correct.  The error is manifested as a "bad exit status" after doing the
recursive chgrp and before doing the recursive chmod of %setup.  At
least that is where the error shows up.

Again, if I manually execute the resulting rpm-tmp script, there is no
error exit reported.

If the nice folk at RedHat will advise when their newest postgresql rpm
is available on rawhide, I'll be glad to test that as well.  Thanks
Cristian and Jeff for your help.

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
Lamar Owen

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Fwd: Joins and links
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Fwd: Joins and links