Re: [HACKERS] Re: Postgresql 6.5-1 rpms on RedHat 6.0

От Michael J Schout
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Postgresql 6.5-1 rpms on RedHat 6.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > RedHat 6.  HOWEVER, I attempted an rpm --rebuild on the SRPM, and it did
> > not rebuild.  I'll get more detailed error messages for you later --

<snip>

> OK. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I usually do an
> "install" of the source rpm, and then build from there. Something like
>
>   $ rpm -ivv postgresql-6.5.src.rpm
>   $ cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>   $ rpm -ba postgresql.spec

I also did this same procedure.

> > I think the error is an rpm bug, but I'm not sure -- it chokes after
> > doing its chgrp -Rf over the build tree -- however, if I execute the RPM
> > temp file manually, it works -- this is the %prep section.  I'll let you
> > know what I find.  This is rpm 3.0.1.

I got this exact same error on redhat 6.0.  At first glance it looks like
and RPM bug.  Has anyone gotten this rpm to build on a redhat 6.0 system?
I'd be greatly interested in hearing if anyone has gotten this to work.

Mike