ODBC Connectivity....

От srihari mule
Тема ODBC Connectivity....
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I am trying to connect to postgresql, I am getting an error message
'User
authentication failed #210'. Can you please help me in connecting to the
database.

I have the following installed

Client System
------------- 1. Windows 95 2. PostgreSQL ODBC Driver (PsqlODBC) v 06-40-0006    (Insight Distribution Systems) 3. MS
Access97

Server System
------------- 1. Linux 2. Apache Server 3. PostgreSQL v6_4_2

ODBC Connection Checklist
--------------------------

ODBC Driver Data Source Checks 1.Valid and resolvable hostname.       - entered an valid hostname. 2.Valid port number.
(default is 5432)       - port number is set to default. 3.Valid and existing database name.       - database is valid
andexists. 4.Valid user name.       - user name is valid and exists. 5.Valid password for the specified user.
(Requiredif pg_hba.config is set to password    authenticate your client.)       - valid password entered

PostgreSQL Server Checks 1.Postmaster must be running.       - Postmaster started and running. 2.Postmaster must run
withthe -i option to allow remote   connections.       - Postmaster started with -i option.         ( when I am trying
toconnect from MS Access using option           'Get External Data' and on server side I have logged into           the
postgresaccount 'User authentication failed' message           is displayed. )

 3.The pg_hba.conf file in $PGPATH/data directory must be configured   to allow your remote host to connect.       -
checkedpg_hba.conf file this has the following settings

Thankyou,

Srihari