wild card functions in select statement?

От Gary Lazarus
Тема wild card functions in select statement?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I'd like to execute a 'select' statement that is built from an HTML form, using wild cards to get a 'smart listing' from my PostgreSQL database.

Something like; Select * from esdb where uid='Gary' and pass='*' and temp='*.pdf'

This way I could get a complete data extraction of all accounts with a uid of Gary, indifferent to the password, and with a .pdf assigned.

Are there available wild cards?

Thanks,
Gary Lazarus