Re: BUG #1321: SSL error: sslv3 alert handshake failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1321: SSL error: sslv3 alert handshake failure
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"T.J." <tjtoocool@phreaker.net> writes:
> To clarify, what I have experienced was in all versions of 8.0.0.beta,
> it did not just happen between 3 to 4. It was the change from 7.4 to
> 8.0. The error was not just windows based as I built psql on a seperate
> linux machine communicating with a linux server and got the same
> results. I created a client.crt client.key and placed them into the data
> directory, no change. I read the below post again and renamed the files
> to postgresql.crt and postgresql.key. No change. Read the below post
> very carefully AGAIN and then copied those files up one directory into
> the main pgsql dir. No change. Did I miss something?

The client key files go into something under the client user's HOME
directory (I think ~/.pgsql/client.key, but check the manual).  This
is entirely unrelated to either PGDATA or the postgres user's home
(neither of which a client program would be able to read, typically).

This stuff is documented in the 8.0 libpq docs.