Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Marek Florianczyk <franki@tpi.pl> writes:
> But did you do that under some database load ? eg. 100 clients
> connected, like in my example ? When I do these queries "\d" without any
> clients connected and after ANALYZE it's fast, but only 100 clients is
> enough to lengthen query time to 30 sec. :(

Then it's not \d's fault --- you simply don't have enough horsepower to
support 100 concurrent clients, regardless of what specific query you're
testing.

You might find that not reconnecting so often would improve matters;
I'm sure that a lot of your cycles are being taken by backend startup.

Сообщение: Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Сообщение: Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases