Re: Real Programmers (was: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6)

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: Real Programmers (was: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck wrote:

> > I re-read the Real Programmers don't use Pascal ---- it beats writing
> > this damned proposal I'm working on.  If the line about Real Programmers
> > use goto's is anything to go by, then you should nominate Vadim as the
> > v6.5 Real Programmer.  You should _see_ all those gotos in nbtree.c!
> > He's done a fine job with them too.

Unfortunately, I use loops in 9 cases of 10, seems
like I have no chance to win nomination -:(
Though, you should _see_ gotos in heapam.c - maybe there
is still some chance for me.
-:)

Actually, I just don't think that breaks in loops are always better
than gotos.

>     Vadim  is  surely one of the real programmers in our project.
>     It's not only that he isn't  afraid  using  GOTO's.  He  also

Like someone didn't afraid to use siglongjmp in elog.c.

>     know's  very  well how to speed things up by complicating the
>     code :-)

-:)

VAdim