Re: insert column monetary type ver 2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: insert column monetary type ver 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 11/21/21 19:21, Ron wrote:
>> Why then does the money type exist?  At the very least, why isn't it
>> deprecated?

> It was at one point:

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/datatype-money.html

> Not entirely sure why it was revived. You can search the mailing list
> archive for discussions on this.

I think we concluded there was no appetite for actually removing it.
8.3 fixed the very worst problem that had led to deprecation, namely
making it an 8-byte integer not 4-byte, so we concluded that it had
at least some excuse to live.  As already noted, if it doesn't do
what you want, don't use it.