Re: insert column monetary type ver 2

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: insert column monetary type ver 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/21/21 19:21, Ron wrote:

> Which means *that* is broken.
>
>> Especially since money is a type we advise people avoid anyway.  We
>> can just add this to the list of reasons why.
>
> Why then does the money type exist?  At the very least, why isn't it
> deprecated?

It was at one point:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/datatype-money.html

Not entirely sure why it was revived. You can search the mailing list
archive for discussions on this.

Bottom line is if you don't want surprises use numeric and format the
output on the client side.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump insert column GENERATED
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump insert column GENERATED