Re: Stale references to guc.c in comments/tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stale references to guc.c in comments/tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> On 24 Feb 2023, at 16:19, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Perhaps you could use "the GUC mechanisms" in these places, but it's a bit
>> longer than "guc.c".  Leaving such references alone seems OK too.

> I've opted for mostly leaving them in the attached v2.

This version seems OK to me except for this bit:

  * This is a straightforward one-to-one mapping, but doing it this way makes
- * guc.c independent of OpenSSL availability and version.
+ * GUC definition independent of OpenSSL availability and version.

The grammar is a bit off ("the GUC definition" would read better),
but really I think the wording was vague already and we should tighten
it up.  Can we specify exactly which GUC variable(s) we're talking about?