Re: [INTERFACES] pgAdmin interface on Windows communicating with a PostgreSQL database on Linux.

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] pgAdmin interface on Windows communicating with a PostgreSQL database on Linux.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Robert Carbonari wrote:

> I downloaded the ODBC Driver version 6.3.250 (v06-30-0250) from
> www.insightdist.com and installed it on my machine, which runs Windows
> NT ver.4.
>
> I want to use a windows interface called pgAdmin which I downloaded from
> <www.vale-it.demon.co.uk/freeware/pgadmin> and installed on my machine.
>
> I've made a DSN entry on my machine which points to a Postgres (version
> 6.3) database which sits on a Linux server which is running RedHat v5.2.
>
> When I launch pgAdmin and try to connect to the server database, pgAdmin
> complains by saying that the datasource is not configured to use the
> PostgreSQL version 6.4 communications protocol.  Then I have to cancel
> the program.
>
> What's missing?  What did I or my colleague who configured Postgres on
> the Linux server do wrong?  Please help.

Sounds like the version of pgAdmin you have needs to use the postgres 6.4
protocol.
The version of the odbc driver you have is only for 6.3 postgres.
(6-30-0250)

What protocol is your backend running?  i.e., what version of Postgres do
you have?

Byron