pgAdmin interface on Windows communicating with a PostgreSQL data base on Linux.

От Robert Carbonari
Тема pgAdmin interface on Windows communicating with a PostgreSQL data base on Linux.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I downloaded the ODBC Driver version 6.3.250 (v06-30-0250) from
www.insightdist.com and installed it on my machine, which runs Windows
NT ver.4.

I want to use a windows interface called pgAdmin which I downloaded from
<www.vale-it.demon.co.uk/freeware/pgadmin> and installed on my machine.

I've made a DSN entry on my machine which points to a Postgres (version
6.3) database which sits on a Linux server which is running RedHat v5.2.

When I launch pgAdmin and try to connect to the server database, pgAdmin
complains by saying that the datasource is not configured to use the
PostgreSQL version 6.4 communications protocol.  Then I have to cancel
the program.

What's missing?  What did I or my colleague who configured Postgres on
the Linux server do wrong?  Please help.

Robert Carbonari
Programmer
Optimal Robotics Corp.
e-mail: robertc@optimal-robotics.com