Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> I am the coordinator and lead developer of the unixODBC Project (
> http://www.genix.net/unixODBC ). I visited here a few months ago with
> the intention of getting the PostgreSQL ODBC driver to work in unixODBC.
> I passed the effort on but it seems that it is not getting done so I am
> back again with the intention of doing it over the next day or two.
> > I say go for it!  Since the driver was successfully modified to work with
> > both MS and IODBC, then it seems to me you shouldn't have to make a code
> > fork for this either.

I'm not sure what UnixODBC is, but does it try to be
compatible/consistant with IODBC? Is it a successor, or replacement?
Can I use it on my ApplixWare installation, which already knows about
IODBC?  Just curious... Your url isn't available to me at the moment.

> Do you have a cvs server for this?

You can get read access to cvs using anonymous or using cvsup (much
preferred if you are going to be working over an extended time). Check
the web site or the CVS_FAQ for details, and ask questions on the
list.

I'm sure Byron and I would be happy to test any patches you might
have, or just send tarballs while you're sorting it out. Cary O'Brien
would probably be willing to participate also. Cary?

Regards.
                        - Tom

South Pasadena, California