Re: BUG #16040: PL/PGSQL RETURN QUERY statement never uses a parallel plan

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16040: PL/PGSQL RETURN QUERY statement never uses a parallel plan
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Marc Bachmann <marc.brookman@gmail.com> writes:
> A function that inserts data and tries to return with a table now results in the error `query is not a SELECT`.
> In previous versions that query succeeded.

Hmm ... I'm a bit surprised that that worked before, but since it did,
we shouldn't break it.  It looks like this was an accidental side-effect
of refactoring rather than something intentional.  Will look closer
tomorrow or so.