Re: [PORTS] Core dump with initdb on Irix 6.2

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [PORTS] Core dump with initdb on Irix 6.2
Дата
Re: [PORTS] Core dump with initdb on Irix 6.2  (PostGres SQL <postgres@kittyhawk.aero.rmit.edu.au>)
Список pgsql-ports
> After switching to gcc 2.8.1 (thanks to Remi), I've managed to get
> initdb and postmaster running now - woo who!!
> However, my excitement was short live. After examining make log, I
> find that psql doesn't compile. Hence createdb will stall.
> Here's the message
> ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting n32 objects:
>                /usr/local/lib/libreadline.a(readline.o) is o32.
> How shouild I fix this? I'm now using gcc 2.8.1  My environment
> variable SGI_ABI is set to -n32.

It looks like libreadline (which you installed earlier) was built
using o32, whatever that is, and that is different from n32. Try
rebuilding libreadline or build all of postgres with using o32.

Another option is to explicitly disable using readline; look in
config.h or figure out how to disable it using configure.

Good luck.

                     - Tom

South Pasadena, California

Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] Core dump with initdb on Irix 6.2
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] Core dump with initdb on Irix 6.2