Re: ERROR: index row size 2720 exceeds btree version 4 maximum 2704 for index in V14 but pg_column_size calculates 2701

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: index row size 2720 exceeds btree version 4 maximum 2704 for index in V14 but pg_column_size calculates 2701
Дата
Ответ на ERROR: index row size 2720 exceeds btree version 4 maximum 2704 for index in V14 but pg_column_size calculates 2701  ("Vitale, Anthony, Sony Music" <anthony.vitale@sonymusic.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
"Vitale, Anthony, Sony Music" <anthony.vitale@sonymusic.com> writes:
> I am trying to figure out how to calculate a column size in my UTF8 encoded Postgresql V14 instance in order to avoid
theerror exceeds btree version 4 maximum 2704  and I am obviously not doing it correctly using pg_column_size as when I
doI get 2701 which is lower than 2704.

I think you're not accounting for overhead.  The reported index row
size would include the index tuple header (8 bytes) as well as
alignment padding.

От: "Vitale, Anthony, Sony Music"
Сообщение: ERROR: index row size 2720 exceeds btree version 4 maximum 2704 for index in V14 but pg_column_size calculates 2701
От: Yongye Serkfem
Сообщение: pg_basebackup Failed