Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Regression Test Problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Regression Test Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Jason Tishler <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com> writes:
>> In a parallel test it's possible that several backends would try to do
>> this at about the same time, but that should be OK; we should end up
>> with just one file from the last-to-finish backend.  I think you have
>> found another Cygwin bug :-(

> Windows has issues with open files.  So, if a backend is trying to
> rename a file when it is open (by another), then the rename will fail.
> Will this cause database integrity problems?  Or, will there just be
> some spurious warning?

In this context the only bad side-effect is that a useless temporary
file gets left around.  It's small, so I wouldn't worry too much.

However --- I suppose Windows can't cope with deleting a file someone
else is holding open, either?  That would cause significantly bigger
problems :-(