Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Regression Test Problems

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Regression Test Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Tom,

I'm finally back in front of the machine where I ran these tests...

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 01:45:21AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jason Tishler <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com> writes:
> > parallel group (7 tests):  create_aggregate create_operator inherit triggers constraints create_misc create_index
> >      constraints          ... FAILED
> >      triggers             ... FAILED
> >      create_misc          ... FAILED
> >      create_aggregate     ... ok
>
> Can't tell much from this.  What are the detail diffs (regression.diffs file?)

Unfortunately I ran more (successful) tests after these failure, so the
detail diffs are no longer available.

> > 2. I am unable to successfully run the regression tests on a NT 4.0 SP5
> > machine with only 64 MB of physical memory and about 175 MB of swap space.
> > Other than lacking RAM and swap space, this machine is the "same" as other
> > NT/2000 machines which can successfully run the regression tests.
>
> What if anything shows up in the postmaster log?

Sorry, the postmaster log is gone too.

> > 3. Once (or twice), I noticed that the plpgsql test failed.
> > Unfortunately, I didn't capture the precise output but I think that
> > postmaster was complaining about being unable to
> > due to a permissions problem.  Sorry, for being vague...
>
> Hm.  The first backend to fire up after a vacuum will try to rebuild
> pg_internal.init, and then move it into place with
>
>     /*
>      * And rename the temp file to its final name, deleting any
>      * previously-existing init file.
>      */
>     if (rename(tempfilename, finalfilename) < 0)
>     {
>         elog(NOTICE, "Cannot rename init file %s to %s: %m\n\tContinuing anyway, but there's something wrong.",
tempfilename,finalfilename);
>     }
>
> In a parallel test it's possible that several backends would try to do
> this at about the same time, but that should be OK; we should end up
> with just one file from the last-to-finish backend.  I think you have
> found another Cygwin bug :-(

Windows has issues with open files.  So, if a backend is trying to
rename a file when it is open (by another), then the rename will fail.
Will this cause database integrity problems?  Or, will there just be
some spurious warning?

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235