Re: [EXT]Re: Strange error trying to import with Ora2PG

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [EXT]Re: Strange error trying to import with Ora2PG
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/4/23 06:24, Johnson, Bruce E - (bjohnson) wrote:
> That’s not it. export_schema.sh writes the scripts, and then emits a
> ora2pg command to pull in the data (I've managed to do this a dozen
> times so far working out how to do things. :-)
>
> The dates on the files in the sources directory are consistent with
> that, and don’t change when I run the script.
>
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 johnson johnson 872 Sep 27 22:02 AHSC_SCHEDULE_ROUNDED_view.sql
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 johnson johnson 817 Sep 27 22:02 COP_COLLEGE_HOUR_view.sql
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 johnson johnson 628 Oct  3 17:06
> RESERVER_VISIBLE_RESTRICTION_view.sql
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 johnson johnson 515 Sep 27 22:02
> RESOURCEAFFIL_WITHCODE_view.sql
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 johnson johnson 535 Sep 27 22:02 UA_COLLEGE_LOOKUP_view.sql

Alright.

In your previous post you said "I tested the view creation with that
code interactively, and it worked."

Does that mean you ran:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW reserver_visible_restriction         (resource_id,
resourcegroup_id, affil_id) AS select r.resource_id,
rg.resourcegroup_id, a.affil_id FROM resources r, resourcegroupaffil rg,
resourceaffil a where r.resource_id = a.resource_id and r.resource_id =
rg.resource_id and r.requester_vis_only = '1’;

in a psql session by itself?

What happens if you do?:

psql ... -f RESERVER_VISIBLE_RESTRICTION_view.sql

When you run the import_all.sh does it show where it is pulling the
scripts from?

If you search the source file directory for
"reserver_visible_restriction" is there another file that contains it?

>> On Oct 3, 2023, at 2:27 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>>
>> External Email
>>
>> On 10/3/23 10:32, Johnson, Bruce E - (bjohnson) wrote:
>>> I am trying to import an oracle schema with ora2pg and running into
>>> an odd error when the import_all.sh script gets to a specific view.
>>> The error is:
>>
>>> However when I re-run the import_all.sh script it errors out at the
>>> same place with the same error (in fact the pasted error code is from
>>> running the script AFTER I fixed it). The sql isn’t being cached
>>> anywhere in the system is it?
>>
>> I'm betting that every time you run import_all.sh it rewrites the
>> scripts. Pretty sure if you look at the file the creation script will
>> have been rewritten to its original from.
>>
>>> I know that I modified the correct file.
>>> It happens even if I drop the database and recreate it.
>>> --
>>> Bruce Johnson
>>> University of Arizona
>>> College of Pharmacy
>>> Information Technology Group
>>> Institutions do not have opinions, merely customs
>>
>> --
>> Adrian Klaver
>> adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>>

> --
> Bruce Johnson
> University of Arizona
> College of Pharmacy
> Information Technology Group
>
> Institutions do not have opinions, merely customs

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones
Сообщение: Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones