Strange error trying to import with Ora2PG

От Johnson, Bruce E - (bjohnson)
Тема Strange error trying to import with Ora2PG
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am trying to import an oracle schema with ora2pg and running into an odd error when the import_all.sh script gets to a specific view.

The error is:

psql:schema/views/RESERVER_VISIBLE_RESTRICTION_view.sql:10: ERROR:  operator does not exist: character = integer
LINE 1: ...r.resource_id = rg.resource_id and r.requester_vis_only = 1;

A simple enough fix; Oracle happily accepts a number-like string as a number, and Postgres wants a string delimited,  so I went into the ./sources/views folder and edited the view creation to add the required single quotes:

-- Generated by Ora2Pg, the Oracle database Schema converter, version 24.0
-- Copyright 2000-2023 Gilles DAROLD. All rights reserved.
-- DATASOURCE: dbi:Oracle:host=dhboracle2.pharmacy.arizona.edu;sid=phmweb2;port=1521

SET client_encoding TO 'UTF8';

SET search_path = calendar3,oracle,public;
\set ON_ERROR_STOP ON

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW reserver_visible_restriction (resource_id, resourcegroup_id, affil_id) AS select r.resource_id, rg.resourcegroup_id, a.affil_id FROM resources r, resourcegroupaffil rg, resourceaffil a where r.resource_id = a.resource_id and r.resource_id = rg.resource_id and r.requester_vis_only = '1’;

I tested the view creation with that code interactively, and it worked.

However when I re-run the import_all.sh script it errors out at the same place with the same error (in fact the pasted error code is from running the script AFTER I fixed it). The sql isn’t being cached anywhere in the system is it?

I know that I modified the correct file.

It happens even if I drop the database and recreate it.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona