Re: Index location patch for review

От Mikheev, Vadim
Тема Re: Index location patch for review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Attached is a patch that adds support for specifying a
> > location  for indexes via the "create database" command.
> >
> > I believe this patch is complete, but it is my first .
>
> This patch allows index locations to be specified as
> different from data locations. Is this a feature direction
> we want to go in?  Comments?

The more general and "standard" way to go are TABLESPACEs.
But probably proposed feature will be compatible with
tablespaces, when we'll got them: we could use new "create
database" syntax to specify default tablespace for indices.
Unfortunately I removed message with patch, can you send it
to me, Bruce?

Vadim