Re: [HACKERS] discussion on proposed int8_ops patch

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] discussion on proposed int8_ops patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Applied, though there was some wrapping of the e-mail I had to clean
> up.
> Your hash code looks fine, so I enabled it by removing the ifdef's.
> > Enclosed below I have a patch to allow a btree index on the int8
> > type.
> > I would like some feedback on what the hash function for the int8
> > hash function in the ./backend/access/hash/hashfunc.c should return.
> > Also, could someone (maybe Tomas Lockhart?) look-over the patch and
> > make sure the system table entries are correct?  I've tried to
> > research them as much as I could, but some of them are still not
> > clear to me.

*argh* I had responded to Ryan and the list that there were problems
with the patch and that I would fix it up and then apply to the tree.
So don't expect this stuff to work as-is, and now I'll have to figure
out what else has changed :(

Man, I go away for two weeks and look at what happens ;)
                           - Tom