Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > While compiling of 6.4.2 I've realized that int8's are not supported
> > on FreeBSD by default. The Configure script looks if %ld or %lld
> > will do the job but FreeBSD is using %qd as the long long int
> > format.
> > After a little fiddeling around with the configure script and
> > include/utils/int8.h, I've got the int8 type working.
> > Since I've read somtimes in this Mailinglists, that FreeBSD is one
> > of the development platforms for PostgreSQL, I wonder why PGSQL
> > doesn't support FreeBSD's own format ...

I had originally coded in %qd for some platforms, but *strongly* recall
that those platforms which supported %qd also supported %lld, so we
removed the %qd variant.

If int8 really doesn't work on FreeBSD, shame on the FreeBSDers for not
bringing it up earlier. But, it can't be that simple. If it *really*
doesn't work on FreeBSD, could it be related to relatively recent
changes in compilers or libraries (or are you running an old version of
FreeBSD)?

scrappy, can you take a look at this on your platform?
                      - Tom