Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Holm Tiffe wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While compiling of 6.4.2 I've realized that int8's are not supported
> on FreeBSD by default. The Configure script looks if %ld or %lld
> will do the job but FreeBSD is using %qd as the long long int format.
> After a little fiddeling around with the configure script and
> include/utils/int8.h, I've got the int8 type working.
> Since I've read somtimes in this Mailinglists, that FreeBSD is one
> of the development platforms for PostgreSQL, I wonder why PGSQL
> doesn't support FreeBSD's own format ...
>
> BTW: why the configure script think's that tcl and tk includes
> (tclConfig.sh,tkConfig.sh) must reside in the same directory ?
> That's really an odd assumtion.

Its only an odd assumption to those on FreeBSD...we tend to be the only
ones that pervert most of the "standards" as far as installation
directories are concerned, and require specific handholding to get things
to install :(

See /usr/ports/databases/postgresql/Makefile, where it provides the
various --with-tcl= directives required...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org