Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?

От Clark Evans
Тема Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Doliov wrote:
> The efforts of the docs teams has been tremendous and valuable beyond
> description.  The existing docs are the right place to start.  It's
> certainly worth it however to expand some sections, create new ones, and
> edit existing ones.  From my point of view, the docs give one most all the
> information one needs to work postgres/have postgres work for one, but
> they are not to the point yet where spending several days with them makes
> one feel comfortable using the postgres system.  It's kind of like a user
> interface issue.  The docs aren't super friendly yet.

Perhaps a "professional writer" is needed.  If people put up
advertisements at your local college, perhaps a few english
majors (*very* valueable people) would be interested in
helping out with the documentation.  It would look good
on their resume and would get them "published".

On a side note,  you could also advertise for Jouralism
majors to put out a monthly PostgreSQL newsletter!

Thoughts?

Clark