Re: [HACKERS] READ COMMITTED isolevel is implemented ...

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] READ COMMITTED isolevel is implemented ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> BTW, what is the advantage of READ COMMMITTED in PostgreSQL? I thought
> the SERIALIZABLE should give us enough concurrency since we are using
> MVCC. Could you give me some examples?

Yes, but UPDATE/DELETE in SERIALIZABLE mode will cause
elog(ERROR, "Can't serialize access due to concurrent update");
in the case of the-same row update.
Oracle sets implicit savepoint before executing a statement.
In Postgres - entire transaction will be aborted...

I have some ideas about savepoints... may be in 6.6 or 6.7...

Vadim

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] trouble with rules
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] trouble with rules