Re: [HACKERS] READ COMMITTED isolevel is implemented ...

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] READ COMMITTED isolevel is implemented ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>>
>> > and this is now the DEFAULT isolevel.
>>
>> But it seems that the standard says SERIALIZABLE is the default
>> isolation level (or at least the highest isolation level implemented
>> in the product), doesn't it?
>
>Yes, it does.

Then we should go for the standard way, I think.

>But Oracle, Informix, Sybase all use READ COMMITTED as default.
>Please decide youself - it doesn't matter much to me -:)
>I would like to see it 1. configure-able; 2. in pg_options;
>3. in command line args. I'll do this after beta started,
>if no one else before.

BTW, what is the advantage of READ COMMMITTED in PostgreSQL? I thought
the SERIALIZABLE should give us enough concurrency since we are using
MVCC. Could you give me some examples?
--
Tatsuo Ishii