Re: [HACKERS] Patch (was: tough locale bug)

От Goran Thyni
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch (was: tough locale bug)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> > >   #ifdef USE_LOCALE
> > > !       if ((int)arg2[len2 - 1] != -1)
> >
> > Sorry, I'm not as familiar with the LOCALE code as I should be. Why are
> > we testing explicitly for -1? Is there something special about a
> > character with all bits set in typical locale support code?
>
>    Other way around - in windows-1251 it is pretty standard character.

OK,
and it is probably not the last character in the alphabet either.
In that case we need another solution I am afraid.
Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this?
regards,
Göran Thyni, JMS Bildbasen, Kiruna
This is Penguin Country. On a quiet night you can hear Windows NT
reboot!