Re: [ADMIN] denying created users on postgres

От csy@hjc.edu.sg
Тема Re: [ADMIN] denying created users on postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hiya!

But won't this be a bit tedious if you have a large postgresql system with many
databases with many tables and user accounts? Won't you need to assign a lot
of rights everytime you create a new table / database?

Shouldn't there be a more safe way of doing such things like say by default,
only a particular user is allowed to access the database and her tables.

>hi,
>   i would suggest you get used to the grant statement that is available
>from psql... This will allow you to grant rights on a per table basis to
>users that access the database. ???'s when will postgres get the same
>functionality for browser to database access as mysql??? sort of
>disappointed due to postgres robustness and security i thought many
>would be using it to merge .db to the big I. Anyone.....:'))
>                        Regards,
>                            dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com
>Reuters, London, February 29, 1998:
>Scientists have announced discovering a meteorite which will strike the
>earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX coders expressed relief for being

>spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038.
>
>DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL WEB INTEGRATION, DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN SERVICES.
>Featuring Website Development and Web Strategies of a TOP Developer
><http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
>"As Unique as the Company You Keep."        "===0 PGP Key Available

  / __)/ __)( \/ )     Chen Shiyuan        H/P : 96802564
 ( (__ \__ \ \  /     csy@hjc.edu.sg       P/G : 92231871
  \___)(___/ (__)  Network Administrator   Hwa Chong Junior College