Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode!

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > No comments on this?
> > I would like to make BEGIN implicit...
> > Objections?
> Informix requires BEGIN.  Ingres does not, but has 'set autocommit'
> mode, so each SQL statement is its own transaction, like we have now.

imho we should have an Ingres-like feature for "autocommit". We can have
the default be "set autocommit on" (probably with an equals sign like
our other "set" variables) and we can have it be a run-time option like
DATESTYLE and other settable parameters. So you can configure your
server or your client environment to always behave the way you prefer.

I'd be happy to implement the syntax and the environment variable parts;
just need a global boolean value to check and set...
                    - Tom