Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > 7. As I read in Sybase documentation the default
> >    standard transaction mode is _chained_ - all
> >    queries before explicit COMMIT/ABORT are run in _single
> >    transaction_... But we have to use BEGIN/END to get it!
> >    This was not so bad for system with relation level locks,
> >    but now only the same row writes block one other and so
> >    chained mode seems more appropriate...
> >
> >    Shouldn't we change default transaction mode now?
> >    And use option/SET TRANSACTION MODE to switch to
> >    un-chained mode if one like it?
>
> No comments on this?
> I would like to make BEGIN implicit...
> Objections?

Informix requires BEGIN.  Ingres does not, but has 'set autocommit'
mode, so each SQL statement is its own transaction, like we have now.

I always felt that if I go in to psql and run a query, I want it
applied.  I don't want to have to commit every query I type.

I know I can use SET TRANSACTION MODE to change this.

What do others think?

Pennsylvania19026