Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?

От Robert Chalmers
Тема Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
Well, did you at least try substituting an IP or sticking a temporary

> local /etc/hosts file in and pointing things at it to narrow things down a
> bit?  You keep asking the same question over and over again without
> providing any more data.

done all that. In fact the old hosts file is still there in etc from first install years
ago.
What other data can I provide. I've run out of ideas - short of the next bit, getting
down into the workings of the system. Which I have avoided up till now, because of the
seeming simplicity of something that did work, and since the upgrade, now doesn't.
As for repeating the question - I am getting answers to things I'm not asking ???? fairly
normal for mailing lists.

> Another thing that would be obvious to try for someone as experienced as
> you would be a system-level call trace so we know what sort of system
> calls are involved.

This is the next step, which I will begin on tomorrow. Along with anything else I can
trace. It seems I'm on my own with this one.
PHP3 is an EXCELLENT package,and so is pgsql, and Apache for that matter, and I have a
b'huge database that I would like to get back up and running, not to mention a new one I
need for the bookshop! So it looks like I will have to get down into the engine to get
this baby running.

Meantime, if anyone comes up with a shorter, and less dramatic solution....

Robert

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au               Chinese Language Studies.
http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au                     World Music Radio.