Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?

От Robert Chalmers
Тема Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Jay 'Whip' Grizzard wrote:

> > <?php  $database = pg_connect("host=nanguo dbname=ecotourism port=5432");  ?>
>
> Try changing this to "host=nangno.yourdomain.com" (or whatever). It sounds
> like, for some reason, your setup has forgotten how to lookup names quite
> right.

Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDB() -- unknown hostname:
203.1.96.5

No go. nothing makes the slightest difference.

> I suspect it's the pgsql libraries (as opposed to PHP) that are screwing
> this up, for reasons unknown.

could be that I'm running Bind-8, and not the old 4.x version of bind?

> You can almost certainly kludge things in the meantime with "host=1.2.3.4"
> (your IP here) if using a full domain doesn't help.

nope. makes no difference :-)

> (You may also want to do something simple like log into the machine running
> php and typing "ping nanguo" .. does that give you host unknown? If so,
> you've got other problems. :)

I'm on the machine running php and all the others. It is nanguo ,
nanguo.chalmers.com.au, 203.1.96.5

Thanks Jay,
I'lll keep looking....   I STRONGLY suspect that pgsql may not have caught up with
bind(8) !!!

Bob

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au               Chinese Language Studies.
http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au                     World Music Radio.

Сообщение: Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?
Сообщение: Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?