Re: reindexdb command utlility

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reindexdb command utlility
Дата
Re: reindexdb command utlility  (Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> I thought it needed changing for consistency.  Shouldn't status messages
> like this be INFO:
>     test=> REINDEX DATABASE test;
>     NOTICE:  table "pg_class" was reindexed

> If I do VACUUM VERBOSE, those messages are INFO.

Yeah, *only because you said VERBOSE*.  When we implemented the current
elog level scheme, we designed INFO as non-suppressible so that it would
mimic the previous behavior of VACUUM VERBOSE.

If REINDEX had a VERBOSE option, it would make sense to put out the
messages as INFO when VERBOSE was used.  But it doesn't (and this is
not a request to add one).  Without VERBOSE, I think it's utterly
unacceptable to force the messages out regardless of client_min_messages.
NOTICE was a reasonable level, maybe LOG would be a better one.  But
not INFO.

Сообщение: Re: reindexdb command utlility
Сообщение: Re: reindexdb command utlility