Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> > > Regression test passed Ok on datetime, abstime, reltime, tinterval
> > > tests on Debian 2.0. That is - the error is not triggered. Should
> > > we change the regression test?
> > Sure we should. Send patches...
> I have problems creating the patch. One of my systems (Linux) returns
>   Thu 01 Oct 11:00:00 1998 PST
> where another (Solaris) reports
>   Thu Oct 01 11:00:00 1998 PST
> I am always run postgres with -o -e

Uh, these differences are coming from one of your systems running on
US/NonEuropean date style and the other running with the Europena style
per your "-o -e" flags above. The Postgres date/time output routines do
not have system-specific formatting differences, other than the
differences lower down between the two main flavors of Unix libc
support.

Example follows. Talk to you soon.
                     - Tom

postgres=> set DateStyle = 'Postgres,NonEuropean';
SET VARIABLE
postgres=> select 'now'::datetime;
?column?
----------------------------
Tue Dec 08 04:16:28 1998 GMT
(1 row)

postgres=> set DateStyle = 'Postgres,European';
SET VARIABLE
postgres=> select 'now'::datetime;
?column?
Tue 08 Dec 04:16:46 1998 GMT
(1 row)

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposed autoconf change: rip out search for 'install'
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposed autoconf change: rip out search for 'install'