Re: Make man on CentOS 5.6

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Make man on CentOS 5.6
Дата
Re: Make man on CentOS 5.6  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-docs
I wrote:
> As far as I can tell, there is no "bold" template in the 1.69.1 files,
> though I do see it in the 1.76.1 files.  So this looks to me like we
> have a minimum version dependency for docbook-style-xsl, and a
> relatively recent one at that (1.69 is six or so years old).

Some digging in the docbook release notes suggests that this probably
changed in 1.73.0, which was released in July 2007:

  * Michael(tm) Smith: synop.xsl; block.xsl; info.xsl; inline.xsl; lists.xsl;
    endnotes.xsl;

    Changed handling of bold and italic/underline output in manpages
    output. Should be transparent to users, but...

    This touches handling of all bold and italic/underline output. The
    exact change is that the mode="bold" and mode="italic" utility
    templates were changed to named templates. (I think maybe I've
    changed it back and forth from mode to named before, so this is
    maybe re-reverting it yet again).

I haven't actually tested whether we can build against 1.73.0, but that
seems like a good place to start.