Re: [HACKERS] PREPARE

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PREPARE
Дата
RE: [HACKERS] PREPARE
Список pgsql-hackers
Taral wrote:

> It seems that full support for CORBA and the COS Query Service requires us
> to enable the user to parse, prepare, and execute the query in three
> separate stages. Are we also planning to support PREPARE? If so, we should
> co-ordinate the effort, since the full COSQS support will require pulling
> apart pg_parse_and_plan().

We should.

Currently we do support PREPARE (kind of) in  the SPI interface.

However, it is not strictly necessary (both ODBC and JDBC currently
simulate it on the client side), but it would enable interactive
applications perform much better if we did.

The current FE<->BE protocol is strange mix of CLI and directly
usable psql replacement ;)

BTW, what does CORBA prescribe about transactions (if anything) ?

Is the current transaction model adequate or do we need nested
transactions ?

PS. It would probably be beneficial to look also at Microsofts ADO for
ideas,
afaik this is the DCOM version of what we are trying to do with CORBA.

Hannu

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] New to PostgreSQL, is this a DoS?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] New to PostgreSQL, is this a DoS?