Re: [ADMIN] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.

От Purusothaman A
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Marco Bizzarri and Martijn van Oosterhout,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I am trying to execute all query from VC++ through CDatabase::ExecuteSQL(sQueryString) function call.

ie, via programming, not by manual entering query statements.
so, in my situation I can construct a string and pass on to this function to execute the query string.

Whatever the string I pass to ExecuteSQL() function, gets executed and I cannot get any result retured from the passed query string [like OID - 198705, from lo_create()].

Now, can you suggest me how to achieve it?

And one more clarification, what is the value 131072? How can I get this vlaue?

According to PostgreSQL documentation, they gave C Syntax as client side function.

Should I use those C API calls?

:)
Purusothaman A

On 9/11/06, Marco Bizzarri <marco.bizzarri@gmail.com > wrote:
I will try to explain it with a sample session: this is for creating
and writing a blob.

From the psql prompt (> are the commands, the other are the results).

> begin ;
BEGIN;

> SELECT lo_creat(131072) ;
lo_creat
----------
   198705
(1 row)
(this is the OID number of the newly created large object).

> select  lo_open(198705, 131072) ;
lo_open
---------
       0
(1 row)

(this is the file handler which you will use in the operations).

> SELECT lowrite(0, 'aaaa');
lowrite
---------
       4
(1 row)

(you wrote 4 character in a large object)

> select lo_close(0);
lo_close
----------
        0
(1 row)

(you closed the file).

> commit ;
COMMIT

In this way, you created a new large object, and stored a string of 4
bytes inside of it.

Regards
Marco

--
Marco Bizzarri
http://notenotturne.blogspot.com/

Сообщение: Re: references/tutorial/tricks on dynamic generation of sql (& plpgsql functions) editing/coding
Сообщение: Re: references/tutorial/tricks on dynamic generation of sql (& plpgsql functions) editing/coding