Re: Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.

От Purusothaman A
Тема Re: Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Milen A. Radev,

Thank you for your response.

I have read this in PostgreSQL documentation.

I usually log in to postgresql server with admin username.

But whatever its, according to documentation, if client machine's user has write access
permission, this query should successfully be executed.

Both PostgreSQL server/client are Windows XP machines.

Any suggestion???

:)
Purusothaman A

On 9/9/06, Milen A. Radev <milen@radev.net> wrote:
Purusothaman A написа:
> Hi all,
>
> I have problem while using "lo_export()" and "lo_import()" from remote
> system.
>
> eg:
> ****
> select lo_export(img_file, 'E:\\temp\\1001.jpg') from master where emp_id =
> '1001';
> insert into master(img_file) values(lo_import('E:\\temp\\1001.jpg')) where
> emp_id = '1001';
>
> Here column "img_file" is OID data type.
>
> The above query works, if I enter from PostgreSQL server machine.
> But the same query fails, if I enter from any other client machine in my
> LAN.
>
> All other queries work well from remote machine, which do not deal OID data
> type column.
>
> any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please, RTFM - http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/lo-funcs.html

Quote:

"The server-side lo_import and lo_export functions behave considerably
differently from their client-side analogs. These two functions read and
write files in the server's file system, using the permissions of the
database's owning user. Therefore, their use is restricted to
superusers. In contrast, the client-side import and export functions
read and write files in the client's file system, using the permissions
of the client program. The client-side functions can be used by any
PostgreSQL user."

--
Milen A. Radev